AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB Host Processor Expert Callback

Question asked by Farhan Husain on Jun 2, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 by Monica Arvizu

I have tried the PE USB Host component on both the Freedom and Tower K20 boards and can't get the callbacks to work. The regular non-PE library works. I am using USB Stack 4.0.3. Here's how the code works:

In ProcessorExpert.c, I have a main loop that includes the "Poll" function. Before the main loop starts, it calls an initialization function.

In the initialization function, I call:

Poll_Init

USB_lock

_usb_host_init = returns USB_OK

_usb_host_register_service = returns USB_OK

USB_unlock

I just wanted to test the basic ATTACH event callback. I am not using _usb_host_driver_info_register on purpose. When I plug in a device, I can see it getting power but the callback isn't fired. I even tried registering error callbacks, and still nothing. I have also tried the complete processor expert examples with their HID code (for example) and it doesn't seem to work. Is there some other setting needed in the PE USB Host component to get callbacks to work?

Based on previous experience with PE, there must be some subtle setting changes required or function calls needed before it works. Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't want to use _usb_host_driver_info_register. If I did, I would use that code (although I have tried the samples).

Thanks!

Outcomes