AnsweredAssumed Answered

K60 Bare Metal

Question asked by Steven Kaiser on May 31, 2013

I've built a custom board with a minimal K60 setup, in my first attempt to just boot up the chip.  However the chip never does boot, and I am at a loss why.

I power up with +3.3V, connect my P&E Micro Multilink Universal, CodeWarrior 10.2 bare metal project, and get this error message:

"Failed to resume target process., ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : Can't connect. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device".

The project code I use in CodeWarrior 10.2 is a modified bare metal example and works on my stock TWR-K60 board, so I'm pretty sure my code and P&E pod is ok.

My custom board basically has a PK60FX512VLQ12 (0N96B), a JTAG connector, the three oscillators (50MHz, 12MHz crystal, 32.768KHz crystal), and a couple LEDs on GPIO lines to see if I'm alive.  I've copied the crystals and JTAG hardware setup from the TWR-K60F120M board schematics.  Am I missing something basic?  This thing should work, and I've checked the hardware over and over.  Perhaps fresh raw K60 chips need some sort of registers manually setup before they accept code?

The only life I see out of the K60 chip is every 44us the \RESET line (pin 74) pulses high 2us.  It does this whether the P&E is connected to the JTAG connector or not.  Does this indicate something?

Steve

Original Attachment has been moved to: 201305312034_DiagnosticInfo.zip

Outcomes