AnsweredAssumed Answered

SABRE for eReader anything but "Smart" or "Rapid"

Question asked by Jim Greenhaw on May 27, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 by Yixing Kong
Branched to a new discussion

Hello Freescale, anyone out there?

I hate to sound like a whiner, but I'm willing to take some heat to get some answers...

Following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, and on-line intro video, I finally got my board to boot up using the EPD (ribbon cable was inserted, but not fully seated in board connector), and the little penguin displays as mentioned in the video. However, that's all that I get. The implication is that the Ubuntu desktop that I get in HDMI mode will display on the EPD, but that doesn't happen... I cannot tell from any documentation WHAT should happen. From the console port I have been able to launch the EPD unit test successfully, so that's a start.

Hopefully I am just looking in the wrong place, but I can find zero source files that I might use as a starting point. I did find one source file for the EPD unit test, but that is the only one. I can find no useful information to get this thing running, and almost no information at all.

I have always had good experience with Freescale support; going back 20 years, but I am extremely disappointed with the support I am finding for the i.MX50 / eReader. Even most of the posts to the discussion forums don't even have replies.

So, is this now an unsupported product with the new i.MX6 coming out?

Is nobody using this part?

Does anyone at Freescale read this forum?

I am really looking forward to using the i.MS508 in an upcoming product, especially since it is the best part available for the job. However, if I can't figure out how to use it, I will have to look somewhere else...

Thanks,

Jim

Outcomes