we have a project made under Codewarrior 6.3 before. now we want port it to 10.4. does Freescale have document for how to do it step by step?
such a document would heavily depend on your 6.3 document I think. Basically what I did is the following:
- create a new project with File > New > Bareboard project
- verify that it works with my board
- then add the sources from the 6.3 project, preferably step by step
There is a 'getting started' in 10.4 which describes the steps to create a project and then debug it, so this could be a starting point for you.
In MCU10.2 there was an 'importer' which imported 6.x projects. But such an importer only can work for very simply cases and projects, so you are faster and better with the steps above.
Some points to consider:
- compiler options: unless you need special things, go with the defaults in the first step, and then change them later on.
You find the compiler options under (select the project) the menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings
- include folders: depending on how you have organized your sources, you need to add the paths to the compiler search paths. The paths are set up in the compiler panels/settings under the menu in previous point.
Hope this helps.
Did that help? Please keep us posted, we'd like to know
Retrieving data ...