cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twr-k60n512 usb programming

franticcarlitos
Contributor II

hi,

i've downloaded a schematic of k60n512 demo-board and i'm interested in programming and debbuging from USB port. On the board the usb programming/debugging functionality is realized by another microcontroller (S08JM60). Now i understand the tri-state JTAG signals behavoiur, but i don't understand the purpose of UART signals (i.e. T_TXD1 & T_RXD1 with respective enable of 3-state buffers) and TRESET_IN & TRESET_OUT for programming purpose.

Anyone could help me please? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ndavies
Contributor V

The USB Debug interface has 2 connections built in. One for the JTAG debugger interface and the second for a serial interface. It allows you to send and receive data from the controlling PC through the USB connection by sending it out the connected UART channel. Very useful for sending debug message strings out. And needed since PCs are dropping the RS232 interface.

The USB interface driver  software that comes with the board supports this feature.

franticcarlitos
Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your explanation... is there any document that contains this informations? Do you know anything about TRESET_IN & TRESET_OUT?

Thanks

0 Kudos