cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly added C++ files ignored in project

Jump to solution
richwooley
Contributor I

I'm using CodeWarrior 10.3 (on Windows) for a kinetis processor on the FreeScale cube.  I started with a simple C project that would exercise the color LCD and touchscreen interface.  Everything compiles and works just fine.

Today, I added some third-party C++ source to the project.  I did this my simply copying a hierarchy of folders into the project's "Sources" folder.  After refreshing the project, all of the new folders, and the c++ source contained within them appears in the project.  Each new c++ file has a green checkmark to the right of it, and I can expand each source file to see the definitions and object methods provided within each file.  That was easy!

The problem comes when I try to do a clean rebuild of the project.  Everything compiles and I receive no errors, but the new files are not compiled and I see no object or listing files for them in the FLASH output directory.  In the project options, under C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Includes, I've added all the relevant folders containing source files.  Similarly, I also modified the C/C++ Build->Settings->Arm Ltd Windows GCC C Compiler->Directories to include paths where ANY header file might live, but the source still doesn't get built.

I'm very new to CodeWarrior and I suspect there is a simple solution somewhere in the project settings, but I'm clueless at this point.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, with the ARM Inc. gcc plugin you cannot easily transform a C project into a C++ project. Beside of many details, the project needs to be set-up to use the C++ 'nature'.

See Processor Expert, gcc C++ and Kinetis-L with MQXLite for the details what I mean.

I recommend that that you create a new C++ project with the wizard and move over your files, this will be the easiest option.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, with the ARM Inc. gcc plugin you cannot easily transform a C project into a C++ project. Beside of many details, the project needs to be set-up to use the C++ 'nature'.

See Processor Expert, gcc C++ and Kinetis-L with MQXLite for the details what I mean.

I recommend that that you create a new C++ project with the wizard and move over your files, this will be the easiest option.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos