cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-Boot Frame Buffer Problem upon Reboot

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi all

I am using IMX6Q Nitrogen6x Board from Boundary Devices. I have an BMP Image to be displayed onto HDMI Display, whenever u-boot starts. I have enabled BMP feature in U-Boot and a script is employed to automatically display the image when u-boot starts. When I power cycle the board (remove the power connector and plug it back), I am able to see the image. But when I issue a reboot after booting into ubuntu, and enter u-boot, this image is not getting displayed. I feel my Frame Buffer is messed up when I reboot. Has anyone come across this issue? If so, let me know how did you overcome it. Any pointers or suggestions are much appreciated. Also let me know if I should suspect HDMI registers (As per my understanding upon reboot, all hdmi registers are taken to reset state, which is same as just powered state).

FYI:

The version of u-boot that I am using is the "production" branch from  boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6 · GitHub

Regards,

Balaji V

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Finally could resolve this problem. Please refer to the comments in the following link.

http://boundarydevices.com/dvi-support-on-i-mx6-boards/

0 Kudos