Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM 4.10.5 + CW10.4 issues

Jump to solution
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi all !

I have updated to CW10.4 and to the USBDM 4.10.5 + USBDM Drivers 1.1.0 and I have now many problems to debug my application. Previously I was using CW10.3 + USBDM 4.10.4 + USBDM Drivers 1.0.1 and everything was working correctly.

Now:

- The application often don't stop on breakpoints;

- Sometimes when I launch the debug of the application, it runs immediately without stopping on the main() function !

- I'm no more able to choose my preferred USBDM in the Properties of the Debug Configurations. I have only "Any connected USBDM". A little bit problematic because I have three different boards to debug at the same time...

I still have CW10.3 + USBDM 4.10.4 + USBDM Drivers 1.0.1 on another computer, so I checked and everything is working correctly on it.

Other guys with the same issues ? PGO, are you aware of some possible issues ? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall CW and the USBDM ?

Thanks for you replies and your help !

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joel,

4.10.5a was to correct the problem you reported.

4.10.5b was to correct an installer problem introduced in 4.10.5a.

If convenient I would appreciate you testing 4.10.5.b.  This should fix the 1st reported problem (debugging problems).  I've been unable to reproduce the second problem (lack of visible BDMs in configuration choice).

I need to do some testing of the second problem on another Win7 machine that doesn't have a lot of other stuff installed.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joel,

This sounds like several unrelated problems.  Could you provide the following:

• Operatnig system being used (so I can check the BDM detection)
  • Target being used (so I can check the debugging)

bye

0 Kudos
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi PGO,

First of all, thanks for your quick reply :-)

Target : S08DZ60.

The USBDM used is "USBDM_SER_JS16CWJ".

Note that loading the application in the target works correctly with CW and with the HCS08 standalone programmer.

I made an additional testing : HCS08 standalone programmer correctly detects all the USBDM connected to the computer and correctly displays their serial numbers.

Is there a way to check a specific point in my installation, for example preferred USBDM selection, in order to understand what's wrong with that ? With a little bit of chance, all the issues have the same origin (errors in the installation..?)

Thanks,

Regards,

Joel

EDIT : USBDM is detected as V4.10.4, I compare the firmware V4.10.4 and V4.10.5 : they are the same. Is it normal ?

EDIT2 : I installed CW in Program Files directory. It was correctly working with CW10.3 and USBDM 4.10.4. I hope this is working as well with the last versions ....

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joel,

OK I've found an error that is probably the cause of the debugging problem.  Codewarrior appears a bit inconsistent about how it identifies the memory size it is accessing (or more likely I don't understand it properly).  In any case USBDM was rejecting some memory accesses with zero memory access size (i.e. whether to use byte or word accesses).

It's a bit strange, even though the error is occurring with a test project it doesn't cause any visible problems.  It requires a more complex project for it to cause visible errors.

Anyway I will fix this shortly and post an update in Sourceforge after I look at the other issue again.

I have been unable to reproduce the other error.  On both Windows XP (32-bit) and Windows-7 (64-bit) I am able to select the BDM I wish to use.

Could I get you to do the following to check the plugins:

• Menu: Help->About Codewarrior Development Studio
  • Button: Installation Details
  • Tab: Plug-ins
  • Column: Click on Plugin-in ID to sort by that column
  • Look for the USBDM plugins (see image below - version may vary)

I have has some problems with this previously having to do with the the included DLLs.  It's possible I've missed one so I will check this tonight.

bye

Plug-ins.png

0 Kudos
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi PGO,

Thanks for your time. Yes the project is a little bit large. I have checked the plug-ins, I have exactly the same versions (4.1.6 and 4.10.5.201304241536)

I have not uninstalled anything. Let me known if you want additional information.

Regards,

Joel Guittet

EDIT:  I see you released 4.10.5a and 4.10.5b. Is it correcting the issue with the debugging ?

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Joel,

4.10.5a was to correct the problem you reported.

4.10.5b was to correct an installer problem introduced in 4.10.5a.

If convenient I would appreciate you testing 4.10.5.b.  This should fix the 1st reported problem (debugging problems).  I've been unable to reproduce the second problem (lack of visible BDMs in configuration choice).

I need to do some testing of the second problem on another Win7 machine that doesn't have a lot of other stuff installed.

bye

0 Kudos
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi PGO,

Sorry for this late answer (a little bit busy this days), every thing seems to work correctly with USBDM V4.10.5b :smileyhappy:

Many thanks !

Regards,

Joel Guittet

0 Kudos