cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog issue of iMX6 SABRESD

Jump to solution
omar_ccc
Contributor II

We are using iMX6q_SABRESD, and we found one problem.

Even we DID NOT enable any watchdog (watchdog1 and watchdog2) of iMX6, but we do setup iomux the pin “MX6Q_PAD_GPIO_1__WDOG2_WDOG_B”, we found the system will be reset periodically. In other words, the behavior of the signal WDOG2_WDOG_B is not as expected.

Is there anybody having the same problem or anybody knowing the reason?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Internal serial (USB) bootloader enables the WDOG. Also, if boot ROM crashes to boot an external device (say, SD),

USB bootloader starts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
omar_ccc
Contributor II

We found this is due to Power-down counter event. This is already resolved. Thanks

0 Kudos
bikash
Contributor II

Hi,

How did you solved the watchdog issue ? In my case, the watchdog restarts the board automatically after few moments. Can you please suggest, how to fix it without disabling the watchdog pin, do we have to run any deamon ?

Regards,

Bikash

0 Kudos
omar_ccc
Contributor II

You have to disable power-down counter inside WDOG.

0 Kudos
ken_a
Contributor II

Dear  chen,

i have the same issuse of you . can you tell me how to solved this issue?

Beas regards,

ken

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Internal serial (USB) bootloader enables the WDOG. Also, if boot ROM crashes to boot an external device (say, SD),

USB bootloader starts.

0 Kudos
omar_ccc
Contributor II

Our firmware (uboot, boot.img and system image) are in eMMC. So I think USB bootloader did not start at all. Any suggestion or comments?

0 Kudos
omar_ccc
Contributor II

Is this setup “MX6Q_PAD_GPIO_1__WDOG2_WDOG_B” a correct setup to make GPIO_1 as a reset signal pin when watchdog timeout?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Internal serial (USB) bootloader enables the WDOG.

0 Kudos