cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto 1.4 in SDK

Jump to solution
doncook
Contributor II

I see that the Yocto 1.4 distribution has just been released. Does anyone know how to update the current FS SDK, or know when an updated SDK might be released?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the end of June.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
doncook
Contributor II

The disk image turns out to be only 60G, I can't rebuild the system from source without running out of disk space! Is anyone else seeing this problem? In this day of multi-Tbyte drives, this is ridiculous! And I have not found any easy way to increase the partition size without an external live cd.  Ugh!!! !

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please install both Source and Cache Binary ISOs, the "Cache Binary" ISO is used to accelerate the building, no need to perform the building from the scratch.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

In addition to the above, I get the following error when I try to rebuild after installing the cache binary:

"

ERROR: Function failed: do_install (see /home/freescale/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.4-20130625-yocto/build_p1022ds_release/tmp/work/ppce500v2-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe/qemu/1.4+fsl-r0/temp/log.do_install.26433 for further information)

ERROR: Task 626 (/home/freescale/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.4-20130625-yocto/meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_fslgit.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

"

I don't get this on the straight SDK 1.4 installation on a (hardware) Fedora box.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

More of the error above:

"

/home/freescale/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.4-20130625-yocto/build_p1022ds_release/tmp/sysroots/p1022ds/usr/bin/crossscripts/powerpc-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe-libtool: 3254: /home/freescale/SDK/QorIQ-SDK-V1.4-20130625-yocto/build_p1022ds_release/tmp/sysroots/p1022ds/usr/bin/crossscripts/powerpc-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe-libtool: files+= fsdev/virtfs-proxy-helper: not found

| powerpc-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe-libtool: install: you must specify an install program

| powerpc-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe-libtool: install: Try `powerpc-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe-libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.

| make: *** [install] Error 1

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

"

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

It looks like this is an error in the FS VM SDK 1.4 distribution, as /bin/sh is linked to dash. Please correct that in your VM that you make available for download.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This is the default configuration of ubuntu, after installing Yocto and executing the script scripts/host-prepare.sh, you will be asked whether installing Dash as the default shell, please answer No.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

I see that in the Ubuntu instructions now, thank you.  I missed that as I had been on a Fedora installation.  I still believe the provided disk size should be big enough to build the images from source without a preinstalled cache, please consider making that change.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

There is a need.  It is good engineering practice to make sure you can build the entire system from source, which from my experience can not be done on this size limited image. This should be corrected by enlarging the virtual disk size to allow the full build.

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the end of June.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

Ok, here we are at the end of June.  Any update on the release date?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SDK 1.4 has already been released, please download SDK 1.4 from http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=SDKLINUX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

Any idea if a VM version of 1.4 will be released as was done for 1.3?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, VE 1.4 will be published to Freescale public Website some days later.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

If a request can still be made for it, pleaes make the disk image larger than the 40G one in the last build. At least 80G.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

Any idea if that might include a build target for the P1022-RDK board?  Only the P1022DS is included now for the P1022.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Only P1022DS is included in the release, actually P1022RDK is designed by the third party company Iveia, they should provide the SDK support.

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

I realize it's a third party board, but Freescale promotes it as a p1022 development board. You'd think they would support it in their SDK for users who want to use it. Any chance of requesting that?

0 Kudos
doncook
Contributor II

Does no one have any suggestions for this?  I've looked at the Iveia sdk, but they don't use the Yocto toolset. So my first thought is to try to extract the BSP from the Iveia code.  Would this be easier with the new BSP tools in Yocto 1.3+?

0 Kudos