AnsweredAssumed Answered

K20 VREF_OUT Never Stabilizes

Question asked by Ben Atkinson on May 8, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 by Ben Atkinson

I have a custom board with an MK20DX256VLK10.  We are trying to use a single-ended line on ADC0 to measure a voltage with respect to the VREF_OUT pin.  We want to use the mode where VREF_OUT is a 1.2V output from the K20.

My issue is that the VREF_SCVREFST_MASK bit never goes HIGH in the VREF_SC register.

I use the following MQX code to try to initialize the VREF module.  I've confirmed the VREFST bit is LOW from the CodeWarrior debugger.  The VREF_OUT pin on the K20 has a 100 nF capacity between it and GND as required by the Reference Manual.  I've tried cranking out the delay loop to 500 ms, but I still get the same result.

Please help.  Am I doing something incorrect here?

Regards,

Ben

boolean EnableVRefAlt (void)

{

int32_t         iReturn;

boolean        returnValue;                                 // Return value from this function.

const int32_t  VOLTAGE_STABLE_MS = 10;    // Milliseconds to wait for the VREF_OUT voltage to

//    stabilize.

// Make sure the clock is turned on to the K20 VREF module.

SIM_SCGC4 |= SIM_SCGC4_VREF_MASK;

VREF_SC = VREF_SC_VREFEN_MASK;

returnValue = FALSE;

// Wait for the voltage to stabilize.

for (iReturn = 0; iReturn < VOLTAGE_STABLE_MS; ++iReturn)

{

if (VREF_SC_VREFST_MASK == (VREF_SC & VREF_SC_VREFST_MASK))

{

returnValue = TRUE;

break;

}

else

_time_delay(1);

}

if (! returnValue)

printf("After %d ms, VREF voltage is not stable, VREF_SC = 0x%X.\n", iReturn, VREF_SC);

return returnValue;

}

Outcomes