AnsweredAssumed Answered

Contracted developer for iMX6SL needed (+some questions)

Question asked by Artem Kamshilin on May 6, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 by Yixing Kong

Hi all,

We have a few issues trying to set up the iMX6SL-EVK based development environment. Unless someone has a simple answer, we'd be willing to farm this out to someone who can solve this. Host environment is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with all recent updates, LTIB (L3.0.35_12.10.02_ER_SOURCE) with all patches applied for successful compilation under 12.04.

Here are the issues:

1. When trying to use LTIB to compile libusb version 1.0.9, (the bundled 0.1.8 has problems), libtool is entering some kind of infinite loop, killing the host machine in under 10 seconds. It looks like some kind of a fork bomb. The same behavior has been observed on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Libusb 0.1.12 compilation fails with a "file not found" error (the same package was built OK on an older iMX28 LTIB).

2. Using "preconfig" setting in LTIB, and no extra packages, I end up with a Linux FS that only works correctly after the power switch has been turned ON - if I reset it using "reset" button, in 50% of cases kernel fails to load from TFTP, and USB devices fail to enumerate every second time or so (so libusb is not even kicking in yet). Flipping power switch off and back on solves until the next reset. Any ideas?

It's kind of crazy, and I need this to work soon. Thanks.

Regards,

Arty

Outcomes