Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling GPU SDK Samples

Jump to solution
bcompter
Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm having some issues compiling the GPU SDK 1.0 samples.

For reference I am using a Nitrogen MX6 board from Boundary Devices. 

i.MX6Q rev 1.2

Linux kernel 3.0.35

Oneiric rootfs

Ubuntu

From what I can see all of the gpu libraries and symbolic links are preset (libGAL.so->libGAL-fb.so etc...).

I've tried to compile on the target (make -f Makefile-fbdev) and ran into the following error:

Cannot find bits/predefs.h No such file or directory.

Any ideas what could be the issue?  I don't see any bits/predefs.h on my system.  Where does the file come from?

Thanks,

Brian

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bcompter
Contributor II

In the end I've downloaded the LinuxLink timesys demo and used their installer script to get a working toolchain.

The demos cross compile correctly on my host machine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bcompter
Contributor II

In the end I've downloaded the LinuxLink timesys demo and used their installer script to get a working toolchain.

The demos cross compile correctly on my host machine now.

0 Kudos
PrabhuSundarara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In Ubuntu, the bit/predefs.h is in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi. So create a softlink like below will help

cd /usr/lib

ln -s /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/bits bits

bcompter
Contributor II

Thank you for the reply.  Interestingly I do not see a /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi folder on my system.

I do see /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf but it does not contain a bits folder.

I did a search on my machine and found predefs.h in /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bits.  I will try out setting a soft link as you suggested when I get a chance later today.  Let me know if there is something terribly wrong for the predefs.h file to be where it is.  I worry that I do not have my system set up correctly.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos