cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new nand flash to cw

Jump to solution
gaoyuan
Contributor II

Hello every.  I used cw 8.8 and my custom MPC8309 board.

There is SAMSUNG's K9F5608U0D device supported in cw 8.8, but it is to small. I want use K9F2G08U0C isntead of K9F5608U0D.

I look through FPDeviceConfig.xml file and only find K9F2G08X0A supported.

So, my question is:

how to support K9F2G08U0C in cw.

And another question:

I found in device config of K9F5608U0D, the ID is set to 75 and manufacturerid is set to 35. But manufacturerid of Samsung is EC.

Which is the problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
gaoyuan
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I have finished it.

I used boot by NOR flash, then program u-boot into NAND flash, change to NAND boot and test.

So far it can work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In CodeWarrior Power Architecture version 8.8 release, there is included a Flash ToolKit that will allow you to modify/create your own flash programmer algorithms .elf files that you can use in the CodeWarrior Flash Programmer.

It contains a template project, documentation and examples on how to add a new flash device to flash programmer, in CodeWarrior PA V8.8 installation folder\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer. Please follow the steps described in Application Note AN3390: Adding Device(s) to the Flash Programmer and AN3630 Creating a Flash Algorithm for an Unsupported Flash Memory Device. Also AN2980 : Troubleshooting the Flash Programmer might be useful. These application notes are located in CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\Documentation.

However, the latest CodeWarrior PA10 v10.3 does include K9F02G08 NAND flash.  This CodeWarrior PA10 is available for download at www.freescale.com/codewarrior

gaoyuan
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I have finished it.

I used boot by NOR flash, then program u-boot into NAND flash, change to NAND boot and test.

So far it can work.

0 Kudos