What License file should I use for CodeWarrior  MCU's v10.4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What License file should I use for CodeWarrior  MCU's v10.4?

Jump to solution
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What License file you should I use for CodeWarrior for MCU's v10.4?

You can still use license file for previous version 10.3 , there was no update on the license file used for this eclipse CodeWarrior version.

Hope this helps.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check this example on how to get the new version 10.3 Eclipse based from previous version 10.2 Eclipse based.

Log in to My Freescale using your registered member ID and password click on Software Licensing under Secure applications menu. — "My Software Licensing Home" page will appear showing your currently licensed products.

Look for the entitlement ID you want to use and click on License Options.

cid:image001.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

Look for the version you want to upgrade, locate Version Renewal link, this option will be enable only for those versions which have a new released version, also in order to view this you need to have the Technical Support Active. You can review your expiration date under Support Expires Colum on your Software Licensing Home page.

cid:image002.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

After clicking on Version Renewal the Display License page will appear showing you the latest license file for the new version, in this case license version for 10.3 Eclipse Based SW CodeWarrior

cid:image003.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

Click on Download License link and save the new license file on the proper directory path. 10.3 License works on new release v10.4

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CW MCU v10.4 works with the CW MCU v10.3 license. Licenses for previous versions (CW MCU 10.0, CW MCU 10.1, CW MCU v10.2) will NOT work.

SecondTechCo
Contributor IV

So if we bought 10.X perpetual license before, we are not eligible for 10.3 and 10.4 upgrade under that license ?

0 Kudos
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you own a perpetual Suite ID and you also have your Technical support active you are eligible for upgrades, if you do not have your technical support active you will need to renew this one in order to be eligible for CodeWarrior version upgrades.

Check this link with more information about renewal prices:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SUITES_SUBSCRIPTIONS

hope this helps.

0 Kudos
SecondTechCo
Contributor IV

Thank you. We have perpetual license with current technical support.  So we should receive the 10.4 for free if that is the case ?  Also, I see nothing that has information regarding how to upgrade.  I saw online that 10.3 is full of problems and so maybe we should skip that version ?    IF we go to 10.4 I am understanding from the forums it needs a new license / file.  How would we get that since our 10.2 versions are the ones registered?

0 Kudos
TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check this example on how to get the new version 10.3 Eclipse based from previous version 10.2 Eclipse based.

Log in to My Freescale using your registered member ID and password click on Software Licensing under Secure applications menu. — "My Software Licensing Home" page will appear showing your currently licensed products.

Look for the entitlement ID you want to use and click on License Options.

cid:image001.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

Look for the version you want to upgrade, locate Version Renewal link, this option will be enable only for those versions which have a new released version, also in order to view this you need to have the Technical Support Active. You can review your expiration date under Support Expires Colum on your Software Licensing Home page.

cid:image002.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

After clicking on Version Renewal the Display License page will appear showing you the latest license file for the new version, in this case license version for 10.3 Eclipse Based SW CodeWarrior

cid:image003.jpg@01CE5606.FDDC9F90

Click on Download License link and save the new license file on the proper directory path. 10.3 License works on new release v10.4

SecondTechCo
Contributor IV

That worked great.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
SecondTechCo
Contributor IV

So far 10.4 looks pretty good.  Now:

• We can rename projects and it actually renames the project.
  • we dont seem to have to compile, get errors, exit codewarrior without changing anything - recompile and now it works
  • The project preferences are less complicated and actually seem to save with a project.

Version 10.2 cost us hours and maybe months of time for the myriad of bugs.  Lets hope 10.4 is better.

• Still dont know how well it remembers my debug settings but there is hope !
  • Still don't know for sure that it will lock up about every 10th compile at random but it looks good so far.
  • Still dont know if it will be so dog gone slow but it looks good so far as well.
0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

MCU V10.2, V10.3 and V10.4 can be downloaded on the web site via the link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Expand the list: Software Development Tools (12)Close All 

for the license file, MCU v10.3 and V10.4 are using the same license -> MCU v10.3.

If you're using an older license version like MCU v10.2, you must download the license for MCU v10.3 via your Freescale account.

This upgrade is free if your registration is not expired.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos