Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth on Sabre-sd board

Jump to solution
akshayithal
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am using a IMX-6 customized board. It's having Atheros AR6233G chip on it for Bluetooth and Wifi.  Wlan and BT are interconnected over UART internally in the Atheros chip. Bluetooth is connected over "SDIO over UART".  SDIO over UART communication is something like this, SDIO ie from IMX.6 soc communicates to Wlan-UART and Wlan-UART communicates with BT-UART. There is no direct communication from IMX.6 soc(SDIO) to Bluetooth. SDIO talk to Wlan and Wlan to B.T.  Please share the available support for "sdio over uart" communication if its there.

UART is interfaced to BT in the IMX.6 sabre-sd board. Please share the build and test procedure of these.

Thanks,

Akshay

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FrankLi1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have not SDIO to UART driver. You need develop it.

You can base on below code

linux-2.6-imx/drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c

If you WLAN-to UART compatible with it, you can use it directly.

https://community.nxp.com/message/331756/edit" style="font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; col...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FrankLi1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have not SDIO to UART driver. You need develop it.

You can base on below code

linux-2.6-imx/drivers/mmc/card/sdio_uart.c

If you WLAN-to UART compatible with it, you can use it directly.

https://community.nxp.com/message/331756/edit" style="font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; col...

0 Kudos
akshayithal
Contributor I

Thanks Zhi Li... I have enabled sdio_uart.c driver as a part of kernel source and expecting the tty device node (/dev/ttySDIO) to be created. But the probe of this driver is not getting called so device node is not coming. What i need to do to get the probe of the function to get invoked? and Do i have to register this in the board file? Can you please help me in these questions?

Regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos