cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8548E serial RapidIO questions.

Jump to solution
rainer03
Contributor I

I'm using serial RapidIO to connect MPC8548E with other chips on one circuit board. My first question is, does MPC8548E support 2x connection (I only see 1x/4x in the manual), or multiple 1x connections?

Another question is, does MPC8548E require the other device on the serial RapidIO to be initiated before MPC8548E starts up? One of the device is an FPGA which need some time to be programed. Should the sequence of the initialization of the two chips be defined (e.g. MPC8548E starts up after initialization of FPGA) to guarantee proper operation?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My first question is, does MPC8548E support 2x connection (I only see 1x/4x in the manual), or multiple 1x connections?

>>It doesn't support 2x SRIO conenction.

Another question is, does MPC8548E require the other device on the serial RapidIO to be initiated before MPC8548E starts up? One of the device is an FPGA which need some time to be programed.

>>There are no hardware requirements demanding that.

Should the sequence of the initialization of the two chips be defined (e.g. MPC8548E starts up after initialization of FPGA) to guarantee proper operation?

>>It could be more convenient from the software point of view.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My first question is, does MPC8548E support 2x connection (I only see 1x/4x in the manual), or multiple 1x connections?

>>It doesn't support 2x SRIO conenction.

Another question is, does MPC8548E require the other device on the serial RapidIO to be initiated before MPC8548E starts up? One of the device is an FPGA which need some time to be programed.

>>There are no hardware requirements demanding that.

Should the sequence of the initialization of the two chips be defined (e.g. MPC8548E starts up after initialization of FPGA) to guarantee proper operation?

>>It could be more convenient from the software point of view.

0 Kudos
rainer03
Contributor I

Thank you Lunmin for the confirmation.

0 Kudos