cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical design guidelines

Jump to solution
lucholtkamp
Contributor I

Can anybody tell me where I can find electrical design guidelines for K10 72MHz.

I have trouble to find any documentation on this subject. For instance:

• I will not use RTC or VBAT, so what to do with the VBAT pin? connect it to VDD? And what to do with the XTAL32 pins? leave it open? ground it?
  • In the datasheet it sais that one should use 'proper PCB layout' for the clock crystal circuit. But I can't find any documentation what a 'proper PCB layout looks like'
  • What to do with the USB pins if I do not use USB? ground it? leave it open?
  • What about other pins I do not use, just leave them open?
  • What is the recommended filter circuit for the VDDA/VSSA/VREFH/VREFL circuit?
  • Examples for FlexBus and EzPort

It would be great to have a few application notes with 'minimal configurations' showing how to use the chip from an electrical viewpoint.

Regards,

Luc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Luc

• I will not use RTC or VBAT, so what to do with the VBAT pin? connect it to VDD? And what to do with the XTAL32 pins? leave it open? ground it?

Answer: Agree with Erik, leave open

• In the datasheet it sais that one should use 'proper PCB layout' for the clock crystal circuit. But I can't find any documentation what a 'proper PCB layout looks like'

Answer: I think you can reference chapter 4.5 in document "Kinetis quick start guide ", you can find it from link http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

Answer: Answer: Agree with Erik, leave open

Answer: I think you can reference chapter 4.5 in document "Kinetis quick start guide ", you can find it from link http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

Would you please help to tell me that you need HW connection reference or sample code?

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Luc

One more thing, different power pins which should be connected together, please seires a magnetic bead between them.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Luc

Answer: Answer: Agree with Erik, leave open

Would you please help to tell me that you need HW connection reference or sample code?

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
erikmalund
Contributor I
  • leave open
  • no more than 5mm traces to the crystal or the burden caps
  • leave open
  • leave open
  • decoupling caps with no more than 5mm traces

Erik

0 Kudos