cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10,AD question

Jump to solution
fugrace
Contributor III

Hi,everyone,I have two questions about the AD module of kinetic.

1. where's the hardware trigger source ,that is ADHWTSn ? I'm wondering if it means  the IO port the AD channel is using?

if it is,can I change the channel by just writting new channel numbers into the  ADCH while the former conversion is under hardware trigger mode.

2.what's the ADC A, B means ,is it just for those channels with "a" or "b" suffix ,like the ADC0 _SE4a &ADC0_SE4b,then how about the channels with no suffix? I mean if  I want to use the channel AD19,should I write the ADCx_SC1A or ADCx_SC1B or both?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Grace

For your question1: ADC hardware triggers are from PDB not GPIO. ADC can have more then one status and control register: one for each conversion. TheSC1B–SC1n registers indicate potentially multiple SC1 registers for use only in hardware trigger mode. Each ADC module has ADCx_SC1A and ADCx_SC1B. For each ADCx_SC1A and ADCx_SC1B has a data result register.

For your question2: For SC1A and SC1B usage, you can reference question1 reply. This A and B is not use as ADC0 _SE4a &ADC0_SE4b. ADC0 _SE4a &ADC0_SE4b are used for flexible channel selection. If you want to use AD19, you need to write to ADCx_SC1A.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Grace

For your question1: ADC hardware triggers are from PDB not GPIO. ADC can have more then one status and control register: one for each conversion. TheSC1B–SC1n registers indicate potentially multiple SC1 registers for use only in hardware trigger mode. Each ADC module has ADCx_SC1A and ADCx_SC1B. For each ADCx_SC1A and ADCx_SC1B has a data result register.

For your question2: For SC1A and SC1B usage, you can reference question1 reply. This A and B is not use as ADC0 _SE4a &ADC0_SE4b. ADC0 _SE4a &ADC0_SE4b are used for flexible channel selection. If you want to use AD19, you need to write to ADCx_SC1A.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
fugrace
Contributor III

Thank you very much,it's very useful.

0 Kudos