cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power consumption in LLS

Jump to solution
martindusek
Contributor V

Why do have Kinetis 120 MHz devices 50 times higher power consumption than the rest of Kinetis devices (100 MHz and lower)?

250 uA vs 5 uA

Is there or will be there any 120 MHz Kinetis device with 5 uA power consumption in LLS?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Martin

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As you know, most peripherals are in retention mode(not disable mode) in LLS. I think the more current should be cost by these peripherals. Yes, you are right, You find some of extra module, but not the all. You can find the differences between 100MHz and 120MHz in AN4526. You can find more detail information from link

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4526.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Dusek

I checked the datasheets of other Kinetis(K10, K20, K60) 120MHz product. Sorry, they are all 250uA. As you can find, when MCU runs into VLLSx mode, the current has not such big difference. LLS mode still keep the clock for peripheral. So the high-frequency consume more current.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
martindusek
Contributor V

Hello,

thanks for your reply!

I compared tables 7.2 (Module operation in low power modes) in K20P144M100SF2V2RM.pdf and K20P144M120SF3RM.pdf, LLS column. There are no differences - only, 120 MHz has extra Cache, NFC and USB HS modules. Also, MCG module is static (no clock output).

Can you please describe what makes the difference in power consumption more detailed?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Martin

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As you know, most peripherals are in retention mode(not disable mode) in LLS. I think the more current should be cost by these peripherals. Yes, you are right, You find some of extra module, but not the all. You can find the differences between 100MHz and 120MHz in AN4526. You can find more detail information from link

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4526.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
martindusek
Contributor V

Thanks for the AN!

0 Kudos