Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control

Jump to solution
sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Hello to all of you!

I'd like to start using codewarrior version control but I don't have a clue about how to do it. I'm working with CW6.1 and I use bazaar for version control outside CodeWarrior... But I'd like to learn how to use the one with the IDE (I think it's a plugin but don't know where to find it) or if it is possible to use bazaar as version control.

Hope someone could guide me here.

Thanks!

SebaS

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

looks like you are using the 'classic' (non-Eclipse) CodeWarrior version. With this, your choices are very limited. To my knowledge only CVS, SourceSafe and ClearCase exists (see bin\Plugins\version_control).

But these are 3-9 years old, so might only work with older servers.

If you want to use CodeWarrior with version control, then have a look at the 10.x (Eclipse based) version: here you have plenty of excellent choices: everything what the Eclipse ecosystem offers.

I'm using eGit and Subversion, I have not used Bazaar, but such a plugin exists for Eclipse too.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

looks like you are using the 'classic' (non-Eclipse) CodeWarrior version. With this, your choices are very limited. To my knowledge only CVS, SourceSafe and ClearCase exists (see bin\Plugins\version_control).

But these are 3-9 years old, so might only work with older servers.

If you want to use CodeWarrior with version control, then have a look at the 10.x (Eclipse based) version: here you have plenty of excellent choices: everything what the Eclipse ecosystem offers.

I'm using eGit and Subversion, I have not used Bazaar, but such a plugin exists for Eclipse too.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
sebasira
Senior Contributor I

Erich, you're right I'm using the 'classic' IDE the eclipse seems a little more complex for me. I'd like to use it but right now it would mean time for my project and will delay it. Maybe when it is finish I'll dive into it.

Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look about how to use the Eclipse IDE with Bazaar.

Best regards!

0 Kudos