cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 FlexNVM configuration

Jump to solution
stderr
Contributor II

The processor is an MK10DX256ZVLQ10. I'm working on an application with a need to store only a small amount of information, around 24 bytes, which may be updated frequently.

I have read through the manual on how to set this up, but it looks like an awfully complex set-up just to store a few bytes of information. If I understand what I'm reading, I need to partition some space, but only once, even though the code will run every time the device powers up, and then data is copied from eeprom into flexnvm ram where I can read/write it.

I'm not sure how much of the process is managed transparently by the MCU, and given the rather complex explanation of flexNVM in the datasheet, I think I could use a few examples of how to set this up. Is there demo code showing something similar? I looked at flexmem_demo, and it seemed a little unclear as to what's being done. Is there really eeprom in this device, or is it flash that's being managed? Is there a simple way to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, I think your understanding is correct on flexNVM partition. If you think flexmem_demo is unclear, attached is another sample code for your reference. Hope it can help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, I think your understanding is correct on flexNVM partition. If you think flexmem_demo is unclear, attached is another sample code for your reference. Hope it can help you.

0 Kudos