Problem trying to debug a Processor Expert project for the TWR-MCF5225X, HELP!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem trying to debug a Processor Expert project for the TWR-MCF5225X, HELP!!

m4l490n
Contributor V

Hello everybody

I'm having a very annoying problem when I try to debug a very simple application for the TWR-MCF5225X board. Codewarrior keeps getting stuck with the error shown in the attached image. It says "Failed to resume target process., Can only debug one program at a time" and I don't know why .

There is not a program being debugged and also I've unplugged and plugged again the board and keeps failing. I've done a 'clean' 'build all', I've erased the project from my pc and started all over again and nothing!!

Any ideas about why is this happening? Has anyone had a problem like this?

Thank you for your help

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

a few things to check:

- check with the task manager if you have a DE.exe running. If so, kill that process. (Killing Me Softly: Zombies and Debugger Engines | MCU on Eclipse)

- I doubt this makes a difference: you say 'Processor Expert', but does it happen as well for a non-Processor Expert project

- Have you another instance of IDE running (which is debugging)?

- Enable logging in the connection (see this option in the middle of “An error occurred…”: Applied Debugging Rules | MCU on Eclipse). Maybe the console view shows the problem?

- Maybe it is an OSBDM firmware problem. Make sure you have the latest and greatest version. For reference, this is what I'm using 31.21OSBDM firmware.png

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

m4l490n
Contributor V

Thank you very much for your help.

I'll try this options you gave me, by now, before your answer came I tried a lot of things and the one that worked was adding a target task with just the "erase" action. I ran this task and everything worked fine.

I tried this because I'm debugging from "Internal Flash" an I noticed that however the clean, rebuild and debug session being started from zero every time, unplugging and plugging back on the board and even restarting CodeWarrior, the board was keeping the previous code, I mean, the code I debugged weeks ago. I don't know why this happened because the target task that the wizard created has an "erase" action, nevertheless, the previous code wasn't being erased.

This is not supposed to be happening is it? I mean, shall I create a target task to erase the board every time? that'll be a newie killer, it's a pain.

Or, am I doing something wrong? I'll check the procedure from the killing me softly king you gave me to see if that is the root problem and somehow solved indirectly with the "erase" action in a new target task.

Thank you!! and What do you think about this?

Regards

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What you reported is not normal, and has not happened to me (except I was really debugging it in the background).

Maybe something was going wrong with the OSBDM on the board, but hard to say from remote.

But you say that you are up and running again? That would be good, at least :-)

0 Kudos