Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Solo Linux patch for development board

Jump to solution
emil
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using the iMX6Solo/DualLite SABRE development board for smart devices. At the moment I am aiming for a system with iMX6Solo and not DualLite. On your homepage there exists a patch that is used to disable one core, thus emulating a iMX6Solo. I do get a little bit puzzled by this patch however since it seems like it reduces max RAM memory size to 512 MB. Is this the maximum RAM size for a iMX6Solo system? If not, why is it reduced to 512Mb in this patch?

Best regards,

Emil

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Aubineau_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil,

i.MX6DualLite and Solo SABRE SD share the same HW evaluation board.

i.MX6 Dualite has up to 64-bit DDR interface and i.MX6 Solo has up to 32-bit DDR interface.

If you emulate an i.MX6 Solo on a Dualite SABRE SD board, you'll be forced to use half of the DDR packages of the board as you'll only have a 32-bit DDR interface (instead of 64-bit) consequently you'll divide the memory size of the board by 2.

Anyway 512MB is not the max DDR size of i.MX6 Solo (4GB max).

Application note AN4397 explains that: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4397.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Application%20Notes&WT...

Bixente

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aubineau_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Emil,

i.MX6DualLite and Solo SABRE SD share the same HW evaluation board.

i.MX6 Dualite has up to 64-bit DDR interface and i.MX6 Solo has up to 32-bit DDR interface.

If you emulate an i.MX6 Solo on a Dualite SABRE SD board, you'll be forced to use half of the DDR packages of the board as you'll only have a 32-bit DDR interface (instead of 64-bit) consequently you'll divide the memory size of the board by 2.

Anyway 512MB is not the max DDR size of i.MX6 Solo (4GB max).

Application note AN4397 explains that: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4397.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Application%20Notes&WT...

Bixente

0 Kudos