P2010 - PLLs problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2010 - PLLs problem

marcosantos
Contributor II

In my board, the P2010 has problems with the internal PLLs. The SYSCLK is 66.6666MHz and the CCB ratio is 8:1 but I get about 1GHz at the CLK_OUT pin if I select in GUTS_CLKOCR=0x80000000. What is even more strange is the I got about 58MHz at CLK_OUT pin if I choose GUTS_CLKOCR=0x80000003 and not 33MHz. What is even more stange is that the 8:1 ratio of the CCB should be 533MHz (8x66=533) but if I choose the 4:1 CCB ratio I got 533MHz! Another very strange thing is that the GUTS_PORPLLSR register shows correct ratios but the clocks doesn't match what the register says. But, the GUTS_PORPLLSR register also has some strange things. In the reference manual the figure of this register shows 5 bits for the DDR_RATIO but the describing text shows 6 bits.

Anyone where experience a similar problem? I already check every clock, voltage and bootstrap and every thing looks okay.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

marcosantos
Contributor II

Great new! I've found what was the problem.

The problem was that the clock source of the SYCLK pin was not compliant with the specifications of the rise/fall time required for the P2010. Changing the clock buffer with a better rise/fall time the problem was solved. Now the CPU works as expected and every options work as required.

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please see below comment from technical support:

Please confirm that when cfg_sys_pll[0:2]=011 the GUTS_PORPLLSR[Plat_Ratio]=01000.

Please provide the processor connection schematics for inspection as searchable PDF. (You can send direct message to me for this part)

DDR_Ratio field has 5 bits. Please take into account the last 5 digits in the description.

0 Kudos

marcosantos
Contributor II

I verified that if cfg_sys_pll[0:2]=011 then GUTS_PORPLLSR[Plat_Ratio]=01000.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It could be helpful to provide the processor connection schematics for inspection as searchable PDF. Direct message could be used.

0 Kudos