cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC action on power key pressed on QSB

Jump to solution
kartiknatarajan
Contributor II

Hi I am running my UI based application on the imx53 qsb with a yocto built kernel & FS

When I press the Power button on the QSB, the control of the application UI on the LCD is lost

On my serial terminal, the pmic-event-thre throws up messages like "pwrkey_event_handler_Keyup" & "pwrkey_event_handler_Keydown"

I need to monitor how long that key is being pressed to trigger time based shutdown, but the app should not be pushed to the background as well.

Any suggestions??

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kartik,

If you have board number 700-26565, a long power button press (~5s) will reset the system. If you have board number 700-27104, there are two things to take into account:

- User shutdown of a product is typically done by pressing the power button connected to the PWRONx pin. This will generate an interrupt (PWRONxI), but will not directly power off the part. The product is powered off by the processor’s response to this interrupt, which will be to pull WDI low. So what you need to check here is how the SW responds to a power button press. To be honest, I'm not focused on SW, so can't help much on this side.

- The PMIC can be configured to respond to a long button press by means of the PWRONxRSTEN bits. If set, the system will reset.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kartik,

If you have board number 700-26565, a long power button press (~5s) will reset the system. If you have board number 700-27104, there are two things to take into account:

- User shutdown of a product is typically done by pressing the power button connected to the PWRONx pin. This will generate an interrupt (PWRONxI), but will not directly power off the part. The product is powered off by the processor’s response to this interrupt, which will be to pull WDI low. So what you need to check here is how the SW responds to a power button press. To be honest, I'm not focused on SW, so can't help much on this side.

- The PMIC can be configured to respond to a long button press by means of the PWRONxRSTEN bits. If set, the system will reset.

Best regards.

Jorge.

kartiknatarajan
Contributor II

Surprisingly it was a problem with the i2c bus that the touchscreen shared. We used stronger pullups and it seemed to solve the problem

0 Kudos