Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper Way to replace test keys

Jump to solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Everyone,

What is the proper way to replace the test keys build/target/product/security? When I replace the test keys with our organization's generated release keys, the build will keep asking for the shared, test, etc., keys whenever signapk is called. I tried using a combination of the instructions in the Advanced User Guide and  How to replace the release keys in the AOSP .

Michael Robbeloth

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hope I caught your meaning.

You just need to generate keys once. These passwords will be used when you run sign_target_files_apks.

Best Regards

Lily Zhang

Freescale MPU Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, Michael:

I made one experiment by following the suggestions of guideline and it can work. For example:

1. Created  and switch to the folder vendor/fsl/security/sabresd_6dq/

2. Created keys and key in the passwords:

3. In android root folder, run the command and key in passwords:

~/android/build/tools/releasetools/sign_target_files_apks -d vendor/fsl/security/sabresd_6dq/ out/dist/sabresd_6dq-target_files.zip signed-target_files.zip

4. The command can run well.

0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Xiaoli,

I have followed this procedure for updates and ran into problems (see my other message on signed ota updates). For full builds that we will program into our boards with the MfgTool, we need to be able to use our keys and not the test keys. However, when those keys are replaced, each build script will keep asking me to enter the password corresponding to the media, shared, etc., keys. The desired behavior is to replace the test keys with our organization's keys (generated using the above procedure) and not have the build keep asking for those passwords.

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you using the same password when you generate keys?

0 Kudos
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

I'm using different passwords for each key

Michael Robbeloth

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Michael

If your questin had been answered please click Correct Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hope I caught your meaning.

You just need to generate keys once. These passwords will be used when you run sign_target_files_apks.

Best Regards

Lily Zhang

Freescale MPU Support

0 Kudos