cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target not run after flashing

nguyenhung
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

In codewarrior, i have use 'Flash file target' function to flash target. But target does not run after flashing (even do press reset button). I have to unplug power supply and then everything is ok.

Anyone can explain what happened?

Im using CW10.2 and Multilink universal FX  debugger of PE micro.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

evgenik
Contributor IV

Hi Nguyen Hung.

Can you check in your project "Properties->ARM Linker->Input" the next thinks:

1) Linker command file is intended for your MCU: ..../MK60DN512Z_flash.lcf is intended for K60 (512K ROM/512K RAM) MCU, etc.

2) In "Entry Point" field you have any label name: __thumb_startup (for example). This is a ivINT_Initial_Program_Counter are placed in your vectortable in the address 0x01. Check that this label the same as in the vectortable (in kinetis_sysinit.c file).

3) If you work with RAM "flashing" (check that in the "Run/Debug target" is RAM or Flash) and you haven't enought RAM memory your program will not run.

4) If you try to print by "printf" any debug/Log information in the Console window, your program will crash every time in the first occurence of this operation: close all "printf".

Have a good day.

Evgeni

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

The BDM may be holding the reset line low.

Try unplugging the BDM after flashing.

0 Kudos

nguyenhung
Contributor I

Hi Jim Donelson,

In my design, JTAG' reset pin is not connected to Target's reset input.

Normaly, must do reset action after flashing. But in this case is not such. I have to do uplug and plug again power cable so that target can run. If I connect my target to PC via RS232, it seems noisy data (or zero' value) transmitted forever. And my target is blocked  in that state.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Does the reset button work after cycling power?

Exactly how are you connecting the PC via RS232?

0 Kudos