Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try i.MX6D and i.MX6DL performance under i.MX6Q

Jump to solution
ruslankadyrov
Contributor I

Greetings everyone,

We've recently tried i.MX6Q for our telecommunication project, and we are totally satisfied with it.

Moreover, we found some excessive performance for us: we use not more then 50% of its resource.

So we want to figure out if i.MX6D or i.MX6DL would be enough for us.

I tried to reduce my i.MX6Q cpu freq to 796MHz and set maxcpus=2 to U-boot bootargs.

It shows sufficient performance for our application.

Does it mean we can use i.MX6D or i.MX6DL instead of i.MX6Q, or some additional tests worth being done?

Thank in advance.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
varsmolta
Contributor V

You can use the i.mx6D based on your tests. For the i.mx6DL, note that it has half as much L2 cache (512KB instead of 1MB) Also, max ddr speed for i.mx6DL is 400 MHz vs 533 MHz for i.mx6D. So if you can tune the cache params and the DDR speed on your i.mx6Q and re-run your tests, this will give you a better confidence on going with the i.mx6DL. I would be interested in your results. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
varsmolta
Contributor V

You can use the i.mx6D based on your tests. For the i.mx6DL, note that it has half as much L2 cache (512KB instead of 1MB) Also, max ddr speed for i.mx6DL is 400 MHz vs 533 MHz for i.mx6D. So if you can tune the cache params and the DDR speed on your i.mx6Q and re-run your tests, this will give you a better confidence on going with the i.mx6DL. I would be interested in your results. Thanks

0 Kudos