ONOFF Switch in i.MX6Q, can I connect external on/off switch.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONOFF Switch in i.MX6Q, can I connect external on/off switch.

Jump to solution
VenkatRaghavulu
Contributor I

Hi There,

There are few documents which specify that the ONOFF key on i.MX6Q has an issue. (I am not sure if the issue is resolve and need clarification)

Ref 1: HW Design Checking List for i.Mx6 Rev1.xlsx, which gives an alternate circuit, using "Ref13" and Row 53 of "Schematic" sheet, in the xl document.

Ref 2: R13.4-GA.01_Android_Release_Notes.pdf, chapter "6 Known Issues and Limitations

Ref 3: Schematics of IMX6Q-Smart Device Board, page 19

Please clarify what is the current status of this issue. Can I connect a external On/OFF switch to ONOFF  to power on the SoC, so that I can implement power on reset as show in "Figure 59-2. Chip reset scheme under PMU control" of "IMX6DQRM, Rev. 0, 11/2012".

The schematics of SabreSmart Device Board uses an optinal circuit, employing a GPIO, which is same as that specified in Reference 1 I pointed above.

Please clarify:

a. The current status of the OnOFF detection by SoC.

b. What is the current status of "Auto on" feature, given in the Note coloumn, after pouplating U509.

c. Can I employ On/Off switch connected to SoC ONOFF pad.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

The OnOff pad works fine, the circuit is meant to support other features like "hold for 2 seconds and suspend", and al the button functionalities. The pad works fine supporting the functionality described on the RM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

The OnOff pad works fine, the circuit is meant to support other features like "hold for 2 seconds and suspend", and al the button functionalities. The pad works fine supporting the functionality described on the RM.

0 Kudos