i.mx51 display driver has function Screen off?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx51 display driver has function Screen off?

Jump to solution
oogata
Contributor I

Hi All!

I am working on i.mx51 customized board.

I am worried about LCD Burn-In. I would like to screen off.

Please tell me, In Windows CE 6.0 Freescale BSP, the Display Driver, or would have been implemented function screen off?

Thank you,

Ogata

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"The DI and DC submodules of the IPUv3 are disabled.". It is means DI and DC ( the submodules in the IPUv3) disable, not the whole IPUv3 module disable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the i.MX51 WinCE6 BSP Reference manual 8.4.4.3  IOCTL_POWER_SET,

The display driver implements the IOCTL_POWER_SET IOCTL API with support for the D0 (Full On) and D4 (Off) power states. These states are handled in the following manner:

• D0—The display panel is enabled. The IPUv3 DI and DC modules are enabled to send data to thedisplay. If video is active, additional submodules may also be enabled to process and convert video data. If TV output mode is active, enable the TVE module and its clocks.

• D4—The DI and DC submodules of the IPUv3 are disabled. The display panel is disabled. If TV output mode was enabled, disable the TVE and its clocks.

Have you try this?

oogata
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, jimmy.

I'll try "IOCTL_POWER_SET, D4".

I have heard that the cause of LCD-burn-in is long time displaying of same contents.

BSP Reference manual 8.4.4.3 ,wrote

"The DI and DC submodules of the IPUv3 are disabled."

Are "the IPUv3 are disabled" mean that to stop the display ?

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"The DI and DC submodules of the IPUv3 are disabled.". It is means DI and DC ( the submodules in the IPUv3) disable, not the whole IPUv3 module disable.

0 Kudos