Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash NAND using MFG tool

Jump to solution
emil
Contributor III

Hi,

I just got a SABRE development board and was trying to flash NAND via USB. It didn't work. After poking around a bit I found that the code in ucl2.xml regarding NAND was commented out with the text  "Because NAND conflicts with SD on ARM2 CPU board, NAND is not enabled into ARM2 by default.". I do not really understand what this means. I would very much appreciate if someone could explain this to me. What is the conflict? And is SD a short for SD card interface, or am I way off in thinking that? Later in the .xml-file the ARM2 User Guide is referenced, but a google search doesn't provide anything interesting there.

Help apprecieted!

Kind Regards,

Emil

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Emil,

NAND FLASH only supported by Sabre AI board, I guess your EVK board should be this one. If yes, you can open it's schematic, we can find NANDF_D0~NANDF_D3 pins have been iomuxed as Upper 4-bit signals of SD2 port. see following :

NANDF.png

So on hardware, NAND FLASH pins conflict with those pins of SD2 port. If you really wants to use NAND FLASH, you can do like following:

(1) remove these resistors:

R649,R48,R647,R648,R680,R49.

(2)populate : R738,R755,R729,R727.

(3)U17(NLAS3158)

you don't need to change it's settings. because default setting is for NAND FLASH.

Try it please !

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Emil,

NAND FLASH only supported by Sabre AI board, I guess your EVK board should be this one. If yes, you can open it's schematic, we can find NANDF_D0~NANDF_D3 pins have been iomuxed as Upper 4-bit signals of SD2 port. see following :

NANDF.png

So on hardware, NAND FLASH pins conflict with those pins of SD2 port. If you really wants to use NAND FLASH, you can do like following:

(1) remove these resistors:

R649,R48,R647,R648,R680,R49.

(2)populate : R738,R755,R729,R727.

(3)U17(NLAS3158)

you don't need to change it's settings. because default setting is for NAND FLASH.

Try it please !

Regards,

Weidong