Facing problem working with RTC on FRDM-KL25Z any examples would be helpful

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem working with RTC on FRDM-KL25Z any examples would be helpful

pradyumnakammar
Contributor III

new to Kinetis L series Microcontrollers facing problems to work with RTC on freedom devp board FRDM-KL25z, came across this Link : https://community.freescale.com/message/304502#304502

tried what Graeme Bragg said on the post but i'm missing somewhere initializing the CPU Core_Clock, Bus_clock and  inititializing RTC

if someone worked on KL25 RTC i need some help

thankyou

3 Replies

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would suggest trying what Graeme Bragg has suggested.  His post is very good.  Are you working with KL05 instead?  If your are working with KL05 you should be aware that the clkout pin is PTA15 (not PTC3).  Perhaps you could try this again and if you still see a failure maybe you could post the following registers (at the time of the failure):

- SIM_SOPT1

- SIM_SOPT2

- PORTA_PCR15

- PORTC_PCR3

- RTC_TSR

- RTC_TPR

- RTC_TAR

- RTC_TCR

- RTC_CR

- RTC_SR

- RTC_LR

- RTC_IER

Thanks,

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pradyumna Kammardi,

I know this thread is a little old, but if you're still having trouble we would love to help.  Could give a little more information about what you are doing, what you are seeing, and what your questions are?  That would be great.

Thanks!

pradyumnakammar
Contributor III

tried again as suggested in the link below it worked

FRDM-KL25Z how to get RTC work properly

if you can help can you help me with the KL05 problems?

LLWU wake up with RTC alarm, RTC using EXternal 32Khz Crystal (RESET flow) : this is Working if i go from RUN -> to VLLS1 but not if RUN -> enetr VLPR(for process calculations in low - power ) exit VLPR -> VLLS1 (no RESET when RTC alarm )

LLWU wake up with LPTMR : (through reset flow)

LPTMR using external 32KHz (i.e system osc) setting Prescaler to 14 is also not working . not able to read LPTMR0_CNR (counter value)

how to solve these issues

IDE : KEIL

kl05.rar includes project file and log file

thank you.

0 Kudos