cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOM interfacing to IMX6

sujithkv
Contributor I

Hi,

I am new to imx6 audio. couple of questions..

1. Anyone tried IOM interfacing to IMX6 Kernel ? The audio contents will be transmitted out of audmux to the IOM supporting chip and the control will be through UART. Is there any reference code for this ? I see only codec interfaces.

2. Audio from single SSI can be given to multiple audmux ports ? (is it possible to route the same audio to multiple audmux?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sujith

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ragan_Dunham
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sujith,

Is this issue still open on your side? If so can you clarify what you mean by IOM?

thanks,

Ragan

0 Kudos

sujithkv
Contributor I

Hi Ragan,

This issue is still open. The IOM is basically TDM. We need to route audio to multiple devices i.e., Bluetooth, and a DSP. DSP will be the master. However, Bluetooth will be slave only.

These are the questions we are looking for solution:

1.Do we have support in the Freesclale Kernel (Android) to implement such system ?

2. TDM support and network slave mode can be configured in Kernel without adding any additional code ?

3. How to use Audmux from kernel to route audio to multiple devices

a. Routing the clk and fs from DSP to both iMX and Bluetooth device

b. Routing the TX data from iMX to both Bluetooth device and DSP (iMX sending data to both devices)

c. Routing the TX data from Bluetooth device to iMX and DSP (receiving data through bluetooth mic)

d. Routing the TX data from DSP to Bluetooth and iMX (receiving data from DSP)

Any pointers is appreciated.

Regards,

Sujith

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sujith,

Please refer to the mx6qsabreauto kernel code:

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

,as it provides the support for multi audio components: multi-channel cs42888, si4763 tuner and you can use as a reference.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos