IMX53-START-R's FLT/5V blink and can not start up!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53-START-R's FLT/5V blink and can not start up!

edisonxu
Contributor I

Hi Community,

We got a IMX53-START-R board this morning, but the board can not work at all now (make us very sad because we do need this board to do verification).  When the board was power on, only FLT(red) and 5V(green) is lighted, but both of them are blinking and none of them are stay on stable status. The blink frequency is about 2 times per seconds. The DB9 serial port doesn't output any message when board power on. So can anybody tell me what's happening? the SD card (with ubuntu image) is broken or the power manager unit is bad now? Any suggest is appreciated!

Edison

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Edison

Don't worry ! Would you like to help me meause several voltage ?

(1) C2 position.

Measure it , to check  if 5V is ok.

(2) C217 position

Here should be 3.8V, If 3.8V is OK, Do (3)

(3) C7 position

Here should be 3.2V

After you mesure it ,tell me result ,please !

Regards,

Weidong

edisonxu
Contributor I

Hi Weidong,

Thanks for your kindly support,

Our Hardware engineer measured the PCB according to your guide, as following.

1. Power Apply Adapter is ok, input voltage is 5.2v when it not connect to board.

2. When power adapter plugin the board, both C2 and Power supply pin are not good, the voltage shift from 0-3v dynamically , but never stable.

3. C217 and C7 is not good because 5v on board is not good.

Our engineer just pulse power off pin about 5-10 seconds and the board become this situation suddenly.

Do you have experiences on it before,  I saw the similar problem post on community before, but no answer yet,

https://community.freescale.com/message/307599#307599    

Regards,

Edison

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Edison,

5.2V is too High. On i.mx53-START-R borad, There is a overvoltage protection circuit. If your input voltage is over 5.1V, internal circuits will be protected. So you must ensure the output of  adapter is 5V.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos