cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on touchscreen on IMX53-START-R board

Jump to solution
stefanobizzari
Contributor I

I've a IMX53-START-R board connected ti a MCIMX-LVDS1 board.

The software I'm using is the one provided on the original SD card (the name I think is UBUNTU 11_09 DEMO IMAGE).

I think I've properly configurated the boot (setting the bootargs_base parameter) in order to use a LVDS display; in fact, I see the ubuntu 10.04 desktop and I can use usb mouse and keyboard properly.

What I can't use is the touchscreen. If I use the "virgin" SD card, if I touch the screen I see the mouse cursor go to the center of the screen. The procedure for configure the touchscreen doesn't work and seems to be sensible to the mouse pointer and not to the touchscreen.

I tried to look to the older post and I've seen a problem similar to mine:

imx53qsb with ubuntu 10.04 and MCIMX-LVDS1 touchscreen

If I try that procedure but, when I touch the screen, the cursor goes to the upper left corner. What am I doing wrong?

I think the touch screen is "captured" by the system but not properly. Is there something I can do in order to use the touchscreen?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The following may help :

I.MX53 Qt LVDS display

0 Kudos
KeshavaGN
Contributor V

Hi stefanobizzari ,

Have you tried calibrating the touch screen ?

With regards,

Keshava G N

0 Kudos
stefanobizzari
Contributor I

Yes, as I said, the calibration doesn't work and the calibration is "sensible" to the mouse and not to the touch screen..

I've seen that I can read the value of the touch screen on event2. In fact, if I try "sudo evtest /dev/input/event2" I see the X Y values and datas from the touchscreen.

Have you got any idea for make my touchpanel work?

0 Kudos