Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfs mount messages on uart Tx line, #define BSPCFG_ENABLE_IODEBUG 0

Jump to solution
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi

I have IODEBUG turned off in user_config.h, but I am getting long Tx messages about the "Mass Storage device opened ...." the Vendor information of the flash drive and so on. This really confuses the BT module that is on that UART line. Does anyone know how to turn off these messages? I guess I could parse the message and when it is finished spewing out it's garbage... continue on. But that seems like a kludge way to do things.

I tried building this without the shell, which we don't use anyway, but it made no difference. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Robert Lewis,

what application did you implement ? I tend to think something related to mfs_ftp, because there are those information printed :

/* Get the vendor information and display it */

printf("\n************************************************************************\n");

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_VENDOR_INFO, &dev_info);

printf("Vendor Information:     %-1.8s Mass Storage Device\n",dev_info);

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_PRODUCT_ID, &dev_info);

printf("Product Identification: %-1.16s\n",dev_info);

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_PRODUCT_REV, &dev_info);

printf("Product Revision Level: %-1.4s\n",dev_info);

printf("************************************************************************\n");

Please review your application code and remove those printf messages. The driver IODEBUG (semihosting) creates channel between client and an application (Chapter 23 in MQX User Guide).

Regards,

MartinK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Found it, thank you. I think that this code was included from an example app when the app was first created. This would have been before the UART functionality was added. I assumed incorrectly, that this was part of the mqx distribution tree.

Thanks for the help, it was much appreciated.

Robert

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Robert Lewis,

what application did you implement ? I tend to think something related to mfs_ftp, because there are those information printed :

/* Get the vendor information and display it */

printf("\n************************************************************************\n");

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_VENDOR_INFO, &dev_info);

printf("Vendor Information:     %-1.8s Mass Storage Device\n",dev_info);

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_PRODUCT_ID, &dev_info);

printf("Product Identification: %-1.16s\n",dev_info);

_io_ioctl(usb_fs_ptr->DEV_FD_PTR, IO_IOCTL_GET_PRODUCT_REV, &dev_info);

printf("Product Revision Level: %-1.4s\n",dev_info);

printf("************************************************************************\n");

Please review your application code and remove those printf messages. The driver IODEBUG (semihosting) creates channel between client and an application (Chapter 23 in MQX User Guide).

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Hi Martin

It is our application, we are just installing the USB and then mounting the file system.\

We did not add this code nor do we want it, can you tell me where to look for the above code please? Then I will manually remove it. But shouldn't this be something that FSL conditionally enables in the psp or user config etc? Because on some future release of MQX it could get back in our code and cause a lot of problems... the people supporting the code may miss the manual removal.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos