Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6q default ccm_cbcmr value

Jump to solution
ts
Contributor II

Hi,

For our i.mx6q board, we've configured BOOT_CFG1, BOOT_CFG2, BOOT_CFG3 for MMC/eMMC.  We're trying to do board bring-up and are using DS-5 debugger to just connect i.e. no initialization script.  When we power-up, the value read fro 0x020C_4018 (CCM_CBCMR) is read as 0x0002_0324 instead of 0x0002_2324 the default value i.e. peirph_clk2_sel value isn't what the data-sheet says.  When we perform the same check on SabreSD, the value read for the same register is also 0x0002_0324 and not the default value stated in data-sheet.

Does the boot-rom modify this or is there some setting that changes the value?

thanks,

Tarak

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please dump the value of register scr_sbmr1(the boot configuration will be loaded here) and tell me you are using mx6dq TO1.0 , TO1.1 , TO1.2 Protype or TO1.2 Production. I can check the ROM code to tell this.

BTW, there is a quick way to tell this also:

And there is a boot pin named "Infinite Loop", please set it and then re-power the board, attch DS-5 and dump the CCM_CBCMR again. With this boot pin being set, the ROM code will hang in a infinite loop in the very beginning before touching any CCM register, the value should be the reset value. If it still is 0x00020324, then the RM wrong, if 0x00022324, then the ROM code did change this.

Anyway, I will try this also.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JerryFan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please dump the value of register scr_sbmr1(the boot configuration will be loaded here) and tell me you are using mx6dq TO1.0 , TO1.1 , TO1.2 Protype or TO1.2 Production. I can check the ROM code to tell this.

BTW, there is a quick way to tell this also:

And there is a boot pin named "Infinite Loop", please set it and then re-power the board, attch DS-5 and dump the CCM_CBCMR again. With this boot pin being set, the ROM code will hang in a infinite loop in the very beginning before touching any CCM register, the value should be the reset value. If it still is 0x00020324, then the RM wrong, if 0x00022324, then the ROM code did change this.

Anyway, I will try this also.

0 Kudos