How to use the RTC component in PE for Kinetis KL15 48 pin package?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the RTC component in PE for Kinetis KL15 48 pin package?

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to use the RTC component in PE for the Kinetis KL15 48 pin package. I find that I have no means to configure the CPU clock setting and the RTC component clock source setting to have no problem. Any reference project could show how to?

Thanks for your great help.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos
7 Replies

StephenLau
Contributor I

I am using CW 10.3.

In PE, it shows that the internal 32kHz oscillator is not supported by the HW ! Why??

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

MVa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

selected MCU has no direct path to the RTC_CLKIN pin or to the Internal 32 kHz oscillator. (Those direct paths may be present on different MCU derivatives). You have to select ERCLK32K clock signal in the RTC_LDD component and connect RTC_CLKIN pin to this signal in the CPU component. See attached pictures.

Best Regards

MVa

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi,

By your suggestion, I could pass the compilation, but the RTC Time Seconds Register (RTC_TSR) does not increment during debug. I guess the RTC_CLKIN has to be input 32768Hz. Is it correct?

Thanks so much.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

MVa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, you are right. RTC peripheral requires 32,768 kHz input clock.

MVa

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi Marek Varecha,

Alright. Thanks so much for your clarification.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos

LucioCanche
Contributor II

I have the HW oscillator (2 pins). One of his pin is connected  to PTC1 (RTC_CLKIN). Where should I connect the other?

Lucio

0 Kudos

StephenLau
Contributor I

Hi MVa,

Thanks so much for your informative reply.

I have a questions that do I really need to add the 32768Hz clock to the hardware pin RTC_CLKIN? My hardware platform only has the external 8MHz system clock to the MCU, and the pin is used up by other usage.

Best Regards'

Stephen Lau

0 Kudos