How to use sdma on i.mx53 to optimize mmc read/write?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use sdma on i.mx53 to optimize mmc read/write?

Jump to solution
deweizhu
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm doing fastboot on i.mx53 android board.Now I'm optimizing uboot boot-up speed.(Now 125k size,and 1.15s boot-up time,and the goal is 0.5s since I don't wanna to cut fastboot and usb).

And I wanna to optimize mmc read/write with sdma ,but I just got an article about the work on i.mx6x.

So, any one has some sugguestions?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have tried the same patch on i.mx53 before. You can apply it directly. Some compile errors occurred but it is quite easy to fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have tried the same patch on i.mx53 before. You can apply it directly. Some compile errors occurred but it is quite easy to fix.

0 Kudos
jflahaye
Contributor I

Hello,

Is this the patch you are referring to?

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93619

When you say that it worked when applied directly, what did you change in the patch? Did you port the board code to another mx53 board and leave the rest as-is? (drivers, includes, etc)

We're currently trying to implement SDMA for copying the kernel image in U-Boot 2009.08, to optimize boot time. We're using an i.mx534 mounted on a custom board, with NAND connected to the NFC. I think our board is based on the loco or EVK board.

As it is, everything is working correctly with our board, we're just trying to shorten the time it takes from power-up to a splashscreen in Linux. We're also trying to shorten the Linux boot time, but that doesn't apply here.

0 Kudos