cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include gcc and headers in rootfs iMX6Q

AlbertT
Contributor V

Hello,

I am looking for a method to include properly all compilation tool and headers in the rootfs generated by ltib. I need gcc and all other .h to compile on my imx6q sabre sd, but I can't find how to do this in the ltib config panel, so if you could point me the way, I guess this is not very difficult but I already spent a few hours on it. The rootfs of Ubuntu provided by Freescale is a bit too heavy for what I need so I would like to do it by myself.

Thanks !

Jocelyn

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

I don't have much experience in LTIB as I mainly use Yocto for embedded development. In case you wish to do that in Yocto it is dead easy. Just build our fsl-image-gui-sdk and you're done.

In any case for development I usually advice our customers to use ADK as it make the application development easier and faster.

Please learn more about Yocto at:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html

Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform · GitHub

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

Hello Otavia,

I'm taking a look at Yocto and it seems that Freescale is moving from ltib to it so maybe I should give it a try ! Nevertheless, I modified a bit my u-boot of ltib to make use of the HAB (security boot), will it be easy to re-use this u-boot directly with Yocto ?

Should I use a 12.04 or my VM on 10.04 ?

Thanks for your help !

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Yes, it is quite easy to reuse your work in Yocto; I advice you to make a specific layer for your company/product so it is easy to override default settings of meta-fsl-arm. We do it for every customer which hire us for custom BSP development.

Regarding the host operating system, you can use the distro of your preference. Yocto is quite good in supporting different host distributions and versions so it will work in both cases.

Regards,

AlbertT
Contributor V

Hello Otavio,

Unfortunately I have an error during the compilation of the simple fsl-image-test :

error: Failed dependencies:

iptables >= 1.4.15 is needed by iproute2-3.5.1-r1.armv7a_vfp_neon

libxtables.so.7 is needed by iproute2-3.5.1-r1.armv7a_vfp_neon

ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see /home/stage2013/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-test-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.29728 for further information)

iptables and libxtables are correctly installe in my distrib. I also tried fsl-image-gui-sdk but here I obtain some errors with mesa-demo.

Regards,

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Strange; it works here.

You can remove your tmp and give a new try; in worse case, do:

bitbake -c cleansstate iproute2 iptables

and rebuild the image.   

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

The fsl-image-test worked with the cleanstate, I'm trying fsl-image-gui-dsk since the latter one didn't include gcc. Is there a graphical interface to configure the packages included ? I tried to take a look to conf files and .bb but there a lots of references to other files so I did not managed to understand how easily remove all packages I don't require such as qt and so on.

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Yes; there're but I don't advice you to use it for this specific work. The HOB is nice for basic and to play with the images but in this case you have a fsl-image-gui-sdk which offer what you need.

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

You're right, but fsl-image-gui-sdk is working since 2hours now and it's not finished, I don't want to wait all this time every time I need to rebuild. I tried HOB which looks really great, but I am trying to select the imx6qsabresd machine, it says it can't find the recipe for udev, if I understood well, I think that's because it's done by meta-openembeded. If you know how to fix this it would be great since HOB should help me a lot.

Anyway, thanks for all your time dedicated to help me !

EDIT : never mind, both work so I will try them !

0 Kudos

imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

jocelynkevorkian, how is your build now? If no issue, please click Correct Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

Well, I can do some things with Yocto but I would like to fix this with ltib, so no, my problem is not really solved.

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Get rid of LTIB ;-)

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

I know this would be a great solution, but this would also ask me a few days to fully understand Yocto and how use it. When I'll have time, this will be definitely my priority !

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

For a new product Yocto makes much more sense as it makes it an easy upgrade path for new versions and new products. I'd focus on it for new products.

In case you wish to reduce the learning process I'd say for you to look for consulting or custom BSP development services.

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Yes; you can make an image for you. So it works fine.

Let me know if you need something.

0 Kudos

AlbertT
Contributor V

Great, I will give it a try then !

0 Kudos