cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault (red) LED getting on iMX53 QSB

Jump to solution
syamkumar
Contributor I

Recently i purchased a i.MX53 quick start board, and I observed only "FAULT" LED and 5v LEDs are turned ON during power-up. Appreaciate help from community to find a solution to mak it work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

the board you are using is I.MX53-START-R based on MC34708 PMIC, it is not QSB board.  As soon as you plug 5V adapter into power jack, system will boot at once, don't need to press power button. Now, please measure the voltage of VCC_BP which is should be 3.8V. Measuring point is SH33 position. if VCC_BP is OK, all voltages on mc34708 should output.

Then 2V5_VGEN2 will enable U29, and 3.2V is normal.

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

If you press SW2 button, Can the system normally boot  and all LEDs be turned on ?

Reards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
syamkumar
Contributor I

Weidong,

With "PWR" (i think SW2) button, i see "LCD", "3.3V", and "PMIC" LEDs are blinking along with "FLT" and "5V" LEDs for 1 to 2 seconds. After 2 seconds "FLT" and "5V" LEDs are turned ON

Regards

Syam

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

SW2 is power button, After you insert 5V adapter, and press SW2, system will start to work if SD card exists. you can connect DB9 connector to your host by a USB-RS232 cable , check if system has started.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
syamkumar
Contributor I

Weidong.

Thanks.

As you suggested, with 5V supply along with SD card (after pressing PWR button) i see no change. Still "FLT" LED is ON.

I see only junk characters on my RS-232 console (minicom). I configured minicom with 115200, 8 databit, 1 stopbit and no parity.

Regards

Syam.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

There are 2 SD connectors, one is MicrosSD,the other is 8bit eMMC card. I remember i.MX53QSB boots from MicroSD by default. you can refer to it's schematic.

the SD card you are using is together with i.mx53QSB when you bought it ? If it is , In this SD card, ubuntu system should has been installed.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
syamkumar
Contributor I

Weindong,

Yes, I am using the microSD card received with board.

I think there is something wrong with board, I dont see "3.3V" LED not getting ON.I doubt 3.2V regulator (U29) is not working correctly; hence all this issue. Could you correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Syam.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

Did you measure this voltage ?

weidong

0 Kudos
syamkumar
Contributor I

Weidong

I see no volatage on pin 3 and 6 of U29, 3.2V is not generated.

Syam

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Syam,

the board you are using is I.MX53-START-R based on MC34708 PMIC, it is not QSB board.  As soon as you plug 5V adapter into power jack, system will boot at once, don't need to press power button. Now, please measure the voltage of VCC_BP which is should be 3.8V. Measuring point is SH33 position. if VCC_BP is OK, all voltages on mc34708 should output.

Then 2V5_VGEN2 will enable U29, and 3.2V is normal.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
syamkumar
Contributor I

Thanks Weidong,

Issue got resolved by replacing the power supply recieved along with board.

Regards

Syam.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok, Good Luck !

Any questions, Please let me now !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos