cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion using Component I2C_LDD Kinetis L

Jump to solution
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

If you look at typical usage for the component, you see this example below and then the prototype of the real component.  Why are they different?

3455_3455.png

But in my CW 10.3 it seems the component is different, in fact there are only 3 parameters to pass.

byte I2C2_SendBlock(void* Ptr, word Siz, word *Snt);

-Return value: Error code, possible codes:

ERR_OK - OK

ERR_SPEED - This device does not work in the active speed mode

ERR_DISABLED - Device is disabled

ERR_BUSY - The slave device is busy, it does not respond by the acknowledge (only in master mode and when interrupt service is disabled)

ERR_BUSOFF - Clock timeout elapsed or device cannot transmit data

ERR_TXFULL - Transmitter is full. Some data has not been sent. (slave mode only)

ERR_ARBITR - Arbitration lost (only when interrupt service is disabled and in master mode)

-1. parameter: Pointer to the block of data to send.

-2. parameter: Size of the block.

-3. parameter: Amount of data sent (moved to a buffer). In master mode, if interrupt support is enabled, the parameter always returns the same value as the parameter 'Siz' of this method.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven,

I think you compare methods of two different components: Internal2C component which implements SendBlock method and I2C_LDD which has MasterSendBlock. Am I right?

Best Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven,

I think you compare methods of two different components: Internal2C component which implements SendBlock method and I2C_LDD which has MasterSendBlock. Am I right?

Best Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
steve_fae
Senior Contributor I

I figured that out after posting but couldn't find how to retract my post.  Thanks

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Actually, you can delete your post....

Posters regret. Too bad you can't take back emails...

0 Kudos