CW10 license does not allow bugfixes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10 license does not allow bugfixes?

FridgeFreezer
Senior Contributor I

After my original licensing nightmare with CW10, which was sorted out by the ever patient Jim Trudeau, things have been OK for a while.

However, I have just had an e-mail from Freescale warning me my license was about to expire. This confused me as we bought a perpetual dongle-locked license... but then I remembered Jim had fixed us up with a "temporary" CWA-PRO-NL license file, and once we were up and running the adage "don't mess with what works" kicked in and it was left well alone. So, I replaced the Jim-generated CW-pro license with our CWP-BASIC-NL one... and then CW complained that the license does not support a version "this new".

I'm rather confused.

We licensed CW10 (at maybe version 10.0 or 10.1) and, due to various bugfixes, our copy of CW10 is now up to 10.2 or thereabouts... the point being that I don't expect to be buying a new license for $1000 every time Freescale squash a bug and issue a minor patch.

The options open to me in "My Freescale" are to re-host or to "purchase upgrade"... well, I'm not clicking on either of those buttons.

Now, having originally been forced to buy CW10 because Freescale refused to support CW7.2 (which we also bought & paid for) in Windows 7, you can imagine I'm not keen to splash another $1000 for another "perpetual" license because Freescale decide to wring a few more shiny coins out of their customers.

Have I missed something, or do I have to downgrade my copy of CW to one with more bugs?

I suppose at leas this makes a change from wishing horrible and entertaining death upon the denizens of Texas Instruments and all they stand for, which has been my occupation of late...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi FridgeFreezer,

Is it possible for you to send me an email to this account b32212@freescale.com  with your phone number so we can work with you on this solution it seems that this is a quick fix.

Regards,

FridgeFreezer
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

The price of re-licensing worked out lower than the cost of faffing with it and wasting time, so we did that.

0 Kudos