Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreedmKL25Z won't show after updating MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v107.SDA

Jump to solution
seanwu
Contributor IV

Dear all,

I have an issue for FRDM-KL25Z(PKL25Z128VLK4).

After I updated MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v107.SDA downloading from P&E Microcomputer Systems.,

the MSD FreedmKL25Z won't show in my computer.

Does anyone could please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regard,

Sean Wu.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GregC
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

First of all, have you updated your the bootloader of your FRDM-KL25Z thanks to the BOOTUPDATEAPP.SDA file included in the P&E Firmware Apps package ?

I had the same issue with my FREEDOM-KL25Z (preserie version based also on a PKL25Z128VLK4)

To be able to use again the OpenSDA MSD / Flash Programmer, I tested the previous SDA files and it finally worked successfully with MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v006B.SDA (attached to this message), which fortunately is compatible with the USB-CDC mode.

Could you tell us if it resolved your problem ?

Based on my experience there was no changement using DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102.SDA file with IAR or Codewarrior

Best regards

Greg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregC
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

First of all, have you updated your the bootloader of your FRDM-KL25Z thanks to the BOOTUPDATEAPP.SDA file included in the P&E Firmware Apps package ?

I had the same issue with my FREEDOM-KL25Z (preserie version based also on a PKL25Z128VLK4)

To be able to use again the OpenSDA MSD / Flash Programmer, I tested the previous SDA files and it finally worked successfully with MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v006B.SDA (attached to this message), which fortunately is compatible with the USB-CDC mode.

Could you tell us if it resolved your problem ?

Based on my experience there was no changement using DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102.SDA file with IAR or Codewarrior

Best regards

Greg

0 Kudos
seanwu
Contributor IV

Dear Gregory,

Thanks for your help. After I update your attached file, FreedmKL25Z shows in my PC.

Yes, I updated BOOTUPDATEAPP.SDA file included in the P&E Firmware Apps package into my FRDM-KL25Z.

Does it effect anything?

BTW, I also try to update using MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v105.SDA or MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v107.SDA.

But it didn't useful to show the FreedmKL25Z device in my PC. So I just could use the file you gave me, right?

Thanks.

BR,

Sean Wu

0 Kudos