cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Processor Expert 10 on Codewarrior 10.3

Jump to solution
gsanchez
Contributor III

Hello, I'm trying to install pe driver suite 10, and I cannot do that.

I have download the necessary files from: Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite Product Summary Page

Then I tried to install the "Freescale updater 3.7", but I receive the following error:

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.

Software being installed: FSL Eclipse Updater Custom Actions Feature 2.0.6.FSL_b120323 (com.freescale.updater.customActions.feature.feature.group 2.0.6.FSL_b120323)

Software currently installed: CodeWarrior Core IDE 2.0.0.FSL_b21_4069-A31 (com.freescale.core.ide.basic.feature.group 2.0.0.FSL_b21_4069-A31)

Only one of the following can be installed at once:

Freescale Update Custom Actions 2.0.6.FSL_b120323 (com.freescale.updater.customActions 2.0.6.FSL_b120323)

Freescale Update Custom Actions 2.0.2.FSL_b21_4069-A31 (com.freescale.updater.customActions 2.0.2.FSL_b21_4069-A31)

Freescale update custom actions Plug-in 2.0.5.FSL_b111005 (com.freescale.updater.customActions 2.0.5.FSL_b111005)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: CodeWarrior Core IDE 2.0.0.FSL_b21_4069-A31 (com.freescale.core.ide.basic.feature.group 2.0.0.FSL_b21_4069-A31)

To: com.freescale.updater.customActions [2.0.2.FSL_b21_4069-A31]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: FSL Eclipse Updater Custom Actions Feature 2.0.6.FSL_b120323 (com.freescale.updater.customActions.feature.feature.group 2.0.6.FSL_b120323)

To: com.freescale.updater.customActions [2.0.6.FSL_b120323]

I didn't found the package "FSL Eclipse Updater Custom Actions Feature 2.0.6.FSL_b120323". In "installed software" says that I have the 2.0.2 version. I think they are not compatible. Were can I found that package?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

seems it is misunderstanding. Generally there are two ways how to get PEx standalone version installed correctly. I would recommend to also check documentation here: Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite Product Summary Page

1st option: you have already installed the corresponding version of eclipse. Please note that the PEx plugin is always intended for corresponding verison of eclipse. Currently I would recommend to use Indigo version: Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (includes Incubating components) | Eclipse Packages and install PEx plugin there (In this case you should first install PEx plugin and then set the path to the PEx source files). Direct link to download PEx plugin and source files: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PE_DRIVER_SUITE_10.0_ECLIPSE_3.7&appType=license&l...

2st option: you do not have eclipse on your disk. You can get PEx by using installer. It will install the eclipse + plugins + PEx files:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PE_MCU_DRIVER_SUITE_10.0&appType=license&location=...

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

seems it is misunderstanding. Generally there are two ways how to get PEx standalone version installed correctly. I would recommend to also check documentation here: Processor Expert Software, Microcontroller Driver Suite Product Summary Page

1st option: you have already installed the corresponding version of eclipse. Please note that the PEx plugin is always intended for corresponding verison of eclipse. Currently I would recommend to use Indigo version: Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (includes Incubating components) | Eclipse Packages and install PEx plugin there (In this case you should first install PEx plugin and then set the path to the PEx source files). Direct link to download PEx plugin and source files: https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PE_DRIVER_SUITE_10.0_ECLIPSE_3.7&appType=license&l...

2st option: you do not have eclipse on your disk. You can get PEx by using installer. It will install the eclipse + plugins + PEx files:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PE_MCU_DRIVER_SUITE_10.0&appType=license&location=...

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
gsanchez
Contributor III

Hello, maybe I wasn't clear.

Ok. I have already installed the version of codewarrior 10.3 based on eclipse indigo.

Ihave already download de PEx plugin, and when I decompress that, I have the two zip packages for install with "Install new software" option in Codewarrior.

When I try to install the "FSL updater" (one of the packages included in the zip downloaded before, I obtain the error indicated in my first question.

If I do the steps that you indicates in the pdf file, I obtain an error that say that my components path doesn't exist (in ProgramData\Processor expert).

I need that version of PE because the one that has CW10.3 doesn't have the correct package for my Kinetis K60. =(

thanks.

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have tried to install the "com.freescale.eclipse.3.7.updater.custom.updatesite.zip" into Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) and I have not encountered any problem.

Could you please clarify the following sentence in your previous post? Are you trying to install DriverSuite into CodeWarrior V10.3?

Ok. I have already installed the version of codewarrior 10.3 based on eclipse indigo.

rgds

VF

0 Kudos
gsanchez
Contributor III

Vojtech thanks for your answer. I was doing bad the things.

Processor Expert is already installed and working fine.

0 Kudos
gsanchez
Contributor III

Could you please clarify the following sentence in your previous post? Are you trying to install DriverSuite into CodeWarrior V10.3?

Exactly!

Am I doing it wrong?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos