Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMFLASH like utility for Freescale Kinetis

Jump to solution
jparrish88
Contributor IV

Hello Freescale community.

I was hoping to find out whether or not anyone has seen a tool similar to this tool -

Stellaris® Flash Programmer, GUI and command line - LMFLASHPROGRAMMER - TI Software Fo…

for Freescale Kinetis parts.

The LMFLASH utility is a gui that performs flash read/writes over serial interfaces.

Most importantly, I was looking for ethernet.

Any help would be great.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Actual Kinetis devices can only be programmed through JTAG/SWD or eZPort.

For eZPort check AN4406. You could use Multilink from Pemicro and PROG for ARM (Pemicro as well)

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138&CFID=470349&CFTOKEN=9938...

Then you can program bootloaders (USB, Serial, Ethernet,..) But first time programming of the bootloader has to be done using JTAG/SWD or eZPort.

Best Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Joshua, is this being useful?

Keep us posted! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
deepakrana
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi

i guess you are looking for a standalone programmer. You can also check this link out :

Standalone Flash Programmer | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps

Cheers !!!!

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Actual Kinetis devices can only be programmed through JTAG/SWD or eZPort.

For eZPort check AN4406. You could use Multilink from Pemicro and PROG for ARM (Pemicro as well)

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138&CFID=470349&CFTOKEN=9938...

Then you can program bootloaders (USB, Serial, Ethernet,..) But first time programming of the bootloader has to be done using JTAG/SWD or eZPort.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos