Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot MQX without 8MHz oscillator on TWR-K20D72M

Jump to solution
christos
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a TWR-K20D72M board without an 8MHz crystal, is it possible to start MQX without?

I tried to modify the _bsp_initialize_hardware() function to exclude initialisation of the oscillator and MQX boots but the _time_delay(x) calls never return.

Has anyone run MQX without the 8MHz oscillator and could you point me to the right direction to get the board running in FLL Engaged Internal (FEI) clock mode or FLL Bypassed Internal (FBI) clock mode (I believe these two modes do not depend on the oscillator).

Best regards,

Christos

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello christos,

If you want to change the clock settings of any BSP of MQX, you could refer to the document named “How-to Change Default Clock Settings in Kinetis BSPs”, available at the following path:
   C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\cw\

I have attached to this post the mentioned document. Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DustyStew
Contributor V

Christos

I had the same problem with the TWR-K20D50M. The solution was to go to the toolbar lightning bolt item, select Import Flash Task, then select the correct processor from the list. Apparently the chip was not getting flashed properly, evidenced by an error related to address 0xfffffffe.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello christos,

If you want to change the clock settings of any BSP of MQX, you could refer to the document named “How-to Change Default Clock Settings in Kinetis BSPs”, available at the following path:
   C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\doc\tools\cw\

I have attached to this post the mentioned document. Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos