cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX28 and SocketCAN

Jump to solution
roryhansen
Contributor II

I have been trying without success to get the Libsocketcan working with the i.MX28.  I'm using the 2.6.35.3 kernel and libsocketcan-0.0.8 (tried 0.0.9 also).  Compile fails saying IFLA_LINK_INFO, IFLA_INFO_KIND, IFLA_INFO_DATA and IFLA_INFO_MAX are undefined, while they are indeed in the if_link.h header.

Is there another kernel version I should be using with the i.MX28, or is there another way to get socketcan support working in 2.6.35.3?

Thank you everyone.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

In imx28evk_defconfig file, you can see that CONFIG_CAN_BCM, CONFIG_CAN_DEV and CONFIG_CAN_VCAN are disabled by default.

CONFIG_CAN=y

CONFIG_CAN_RAW=y

# CONFIG_CAN_BCM is not set

#

# CAN Device Drivers

#

# CONFIG_CAN_VCAN is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_DEV is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_DEBUG_DEVICES is not set

CONFIG_CAN_FLEXCAN=m

You can run ./ltib -m config , then choose configure kernel.

In kernel configure menu, Networking support -> Can bus subsystem support, to enable them.

Grace

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GraceH
Senior Contributor II

In imx28evk_defconfig file, you can see that CONFIG_CAN_BCM, CONFIG_CAN_DEV and CONFIG_CAN_VCAN are disabled by default.

CONFIG_CAN=y

CONFIG_CAN_RAW=y

# CONFIG_CAN_BCM is not set

#

# CAN Device Drivers

#

# CONFIG_CAN_VCAN is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_DEV is not set

# CONFIG_CAN_DEBUG_DEVICES is not set

CONFIG_CAN_FLEXCAN=m

You can run ./ltib -m config , then choose configure kernel.

In kernel configure menu, Networking support -> Can bus subsystem support, to enable them.

Grace

0 Kudos
roryhansen
Contributor II

With the original 10.12.01 kernel release, SocketCAN was largely not working.  This was corrected in the latest 1.1.0_130130 release.  SocketCAN now works.  Note that when compiling, the "-f" option is often still required to get everything built correctly for it.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Rory

If your issue had been resolved please click Correct Answer.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos