Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eMMC (KLMAG4EEHM) to replace NAND (K9F1208U0C) on i.MX28 design

Jump to solution
vincentchou
Contributor IV

Hi! Friends,

Has anyone know whether we could use eMMC (KLMAG4EEHM) to replace NAND (K9F1208U0C) on an i.MX28 platform modified from i.MX28 Home Energy Geteway?  We would like to use eMMC to make it more stable and use the same NAND interface to save SD slots.  If this can be done, what do we need to change on our BSP to accommodate the difference between eMMC and NAND flash?  Any assistance is appreciated!

Vincent

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Vincent,

Let me refer to i.mx28EVK schematic and tell you how to connect eMMC iNAND Flash(KLMAG4EEHM). On this schematic , you can find SD/eMMC card socket on page 8 :

eMMC-IMX28.png

SSP port at CPU side:

emmC-cpu.png

You can replace this SD/eMMC socket with you iNAND Flash(KLMAG4EEHM). There are no WP and CD pins on iNAND Flash. So don't use SSP0_DETECT and SSPO_WP signals . There is a reset pin on iNAND Flash, You can pull it up to 3.3V via a 10k-resistor and connect it a 1uF capacitor to GND.

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vincentchou
Contributor IV

No need to fix this because it can not be fixed.  We just redesign our board instead.

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Vincent,

Let me refer to i.mx28EVK schematic and tell you how to connect eMMC iNAND Flash(KLMAG4EEHM). On this schematic , you can find SD/eMMC card socket on page 8 :

eMMC-IMX28.png

SSP port at CPU side:

emmC-cpu.png

You can replace this SD/eMMC socket with you iNAND Flash(KLMAG4EEHM). There are no WP and CD pins on iNAND Flash. So don't use SSP0_DETECT and SSPO_WP signals . There is a reset pin on iNAND Flash, You can pull it up to 3.3V via a 10k-resistor and connect it a 1uF capacitor to GND.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
vincentchou
Contributor IV

Hi!  Weidong,

Sorry I forgot to say thanks to you about this before.  Thanks for your help!  We have already changed our schematic accordingly!

Vincentt

0 Kudos